Friday, July 11, 2008

Doctors visit

We took our monthly trip to the doctor today. It's been rather uneventful since the first one in May when they told us we were indeed pregnant and we got to see the little one. Now it's just a listen to the heartbeat (like that's boring, right) and she answers any and all of our burning questions.

Adam was in an especially foul mood today after we waited almost an hour in the waiting room (we are usually in and out so quick there is hardly time to read an article in a magazine). Last time we listened to the heartbeat, he found that if he makes me laugh while the wand is on my belly, it makes this awful scratchy noise. Well I didn't think that we would have to deal with that today because he was not cracking jokes. Just being grumpy.

WRONG! It took our doctor a little longer than usual to find the heartbeat today (which freaked us both out a little). But she did find it and was making kind comments about what a strong heartbeat it was and how beautiful it sounded when Adam decided to pipe in. He remarks, "Is our kid flying a helicopter in there?" And then the rest is history. I laugh and laugh and she never gets to the BPM because I stop laughing long enough for her to put the wand back on my stomach and then I crack up again. Adam is convinced that Dr. Jaacks hates him. I wouldn't be surprised.

3 comments:

Tracy Jabbal said...

hahah! adam is nuts! glad to hear everything is going well! xoxo.

Anonymous said...

That is hillarious, I can visualize that whole scene in my mind. Glad the appoint. went well, did the dr. laugh too or was he/she in a grumpy mood?

Kristina said...

Sometimes I think Doctors have no social skills, and in your case no sense of humor.