Friday, November 14, 2008

Attention K-mart shoppers

After living in Waxahachie, Texas for a year, I avoid any shopping experiences at Wal-Mart because that was my only choice when we were there. I avoid K-mart mostly because I was coerced at a young age by the movie Rainman to think, "K-mart sucks." I ventured into K-mart, however, because they had a giant banner that stated, "STORE CLOSING SALE" and I thought maybe a I could find a couple bargains for my classroom.

Instead, this really old man, whose wife was pushing the cart and making it no more than about 10 steps a minute, sees me and grins. He says quite loudly so that the entire front half of the store can hear, "LOOKS LIKE YOU WERE CAUGHT IN A SPERM STORM!" I nervously laughed and bolted for the game section.

What does that mean? That is the oddest thing that has been said to me since I have been pregnant. . .and it just confirms. . .K-MART SUCKS! I should have listened to Raymond.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Isn't it fun being pregnant and everyone feels its there right and responsiblity to say something to you intelligent or not.

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, who would say that? That is so weird and definitely uncomfortable especially coming from a man. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, who would say that? That is so weird and definitely uncomfortable especially coming from a man. WOW!

Emme Jay said...

Hey Michelle! I am due in may. We are going to find out the gender, although I would rather wait 'til birth. My husband is soooo ready to find out. You're getting pretty close to your due date. I'm sure that you and your husband can;t wait to see your precious baby. Congartulations again.

BTW, that comment from the fellow shopper was totally akward. If he was that old, then he wouldn't know a sperm storm anymore anyway!:)

JCF said...

I just spit out a huge mouthful of water after reading that! Of all the obnoxious things I have heard people say to pregnant women, this is the best! I maybe want that guy to come over and say shocking things to keep me laughing...