Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My kid rocks out

I can tell our baby is already going to be musically inclined. For one it is part Hagenbuck so it has to love music but the thing that leads me to believe our child will be a music lover is the amount of movement that goes on when I sing. When I sing at school during music time, I get a little movement.I am aware that the baby is there. When I sing at church during worship time, I get a ton of movement. I am sure having a congregation singing and a band adds to the volume of what the baby hears. This past Sunday though, our kid rocked out to one of my favorite songs, Glory in the Highest by Chris Tomlin. I couldn't help but think of the passage in Matthew about John the Baptist leaping for joy in his mother, Elizabeth's, womb when Mary came to announce she was pregnant with Jesus. There was some definate leaping for joy. You could see it on the outside of my dress! SOOOO, below are the lyrics!

You are the first
You go before
You are the last
Lord, You're the encore
Your name's in lights for all to see
The starry host declare Your glory

Glory in the highest
Glory in the highest
Glory in the highest

Apart from You there is no god
Light of the world
The Bright and Morning Star
Your name will shine for all to see
You are the one
You are my glory
And no one else could ever compare To You, Lord

All the earth together declares ...
Glory in the highest ... to You, Lord
All the earth will sing Your praise
The moon and stars, the sun and rain
Every nation will proclaim
That You are God and You will reign

Glory, glory hallelujah
Glory, glory to You, Lord
Glory, glory hallelujah

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your baby will be a singer, maybe a dancer, maybe both, one thing that is for sure is she/he will know that they are a child of God and love the Lord. I wish more people these days had a passion for the gospel and taught their children about God and helped them develop a close relationship with him, it would alleviate so many problems in the world if people just had a knowledge of who they really are in this world. Keep on rockin baby Cain!

Tracy Jabbal said...

michelle jowers says that when she was preggers was with aislyn she got a LOT of movement during games. she said you could see it through the tank tops she wore to the games, but she was so proud because she knew her firstborn was a true gamecock from the very beginning. :O) haha!