Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Pee is not funny.

Pee all over my circle time rug is even less funny. I don't understand how we can have kids move up from the Toddler Program at our school when they are peeing in their pants MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4 has been the record so far. Somehow I have avoided pee in my room until this morning.

The Lord is really training me up to be a mother right now. I have actually thought that about my entire career. In Dallas, I worked with predominantly high schoolers when I was itinerant. When we moved to Phoenix my caseload shifted to only elementary/pre-k. Boy did I learn patience over those two years. . .or so I thought. Then I started my current job where I have only 3 and 4 year olds. I've learned that my markers will never again be in color order or my books as organized on the shelves as I would like but that's ok. The Lord has taught me a lot about my control issues through that and what a joy it is just to enjoy relationships. I have learned even more about patience through my little friends. This year might be the kicker, though. The Lord looked at me and laughed when I thought the lesson was learned.

God:"Patience?? You think you are patient?? Here are some more situations where you will be tested. . .be faithful to me and I will bless you."

I want to be faithful to Jesus and what he has taught me in how I respond to everyone and every situation in my life. I want to filter the words that come out of my mouth and make sure they all glorify God. That isn't easy. I learn more and more about my own depravity every day though. . .which leads me to be more and more thankful for the grace God has shown me through His Son! You can pray for perseverance in these things!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, who was the culprit? I know that P was though with accidents and J only occasionaly had a poo accident, then there was B who had them maybe once a week or so. Hope your rug comes clean and just think, Dec, Dec, Dec. Then you will have your own little munchkin and seriously it is so much easier cleaning up your own childs accident. Hang in there the kids will get it, this too shall pass.

Cari said...

AMEN sister!