Thursday, June 19, 2008

Open Letter to Uniformed Peoples at the YMCA

Dear Uniformed Peoples,

I am pregnant not disabled. Yes, I can still workout at the gym with you. Yes, my doctor knows about this and gave me the go ahead. The go ahead to do what? To workout like I normally do until Week 28 as long as I keep my heartrate below 140. Oh, and I cannot lay on my back anymore because I am in my second trimester now. But I was smart enough to read a book on modifications and speak with a trained professional. You do not have to ask the aerobics instructor for me if I should be in these classes or keep working out. Thank you for your concern.

You can however continue to make comments like, "The pregnant lady is schooling me!" or "The pregnant lady still has more energy than me." These comments are true and I will continue to school you and have more energy than you. In fact, this is probably even more true now that I am in my second trimester. I am suppoed to feel better and have more energy. Probably not more energy than you but what can I say.

I am sorry if this seems rude to you but you might pick up a book on pregnancy and exercise. Statistics show you will have healthier babies, a less painful labor, a SHORTER labor and you will deliver your child dangerously close to your due date. These are only some of the perks. Just thought you should be informed.

Thanks,
The crazy pregnant lady who will continue to workout.

p.s.- My husband thinks I look hot!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

Ooooh girl! You tell them! And show them!

Ps- I'm sure you're still hot! Got any belly pictures yet?

The Dansbys said...

let's see a picture!

Emme Jay said...

Wow! You're a ball of fire girl! I'm sure that you look great.