Friday, June 27, 2008

Our 4th Anniversary!

Yesterday was our fourth anniversary. Adam is our trusted planner. He does such a fabulous job of planning fun date nights, birthday, anniversaries, and much more. I knew he was up to something but I thought it was just a really nice dinner since that is what we usually do for our anniversary. Well, I was wrong.

He had tricked me into packing a decent overnight bag by telling me to come over to his parents right after school so we could use their pool and go workout. If we did that, I of course needed all my stuff to get ready at their house for a nice dinner. . .this was the story at least. So I packed a swimsuit, clothes to workout in, all my make-up, shampoo, etc. and my nice outfit for the evening out. When I arrived at his parents, he had a couple more logistical things to do for his job and he soon presented me with this lovely basket of fruit since 4th anniversary is flowers/fruit. I laughed and expected only a dinner to go along with my fruit basket.

Not long after he finished his work, he asked me to put all my stuff in his car. I was a little confused. I thought we were going to go jump in the Cain's pool. So i did what I was told and we drove a couple miles down the road into the hidden parts of Paradise Valley and arrived here:


at the Sanctuary. A chic modern resort and spa tucked away on Camelback mountain. To my surprise, we checked in and had a lovely room for the evening!
MY HUSBAND IS RIDICULOUSLY GOOD TO ME!
Here's our cool room:

The fun entry way:

The room:


The crazy art and sleek TV:


The lounging area and minibar equipped with an on-call martini bartender that would come to your room and make your martinis. Unfortunately martinis and pregnancy are enemies.


Peek-a-boo into the . . . bathroom!:


Part of the gorgeous bathroom:

The fluffy robes:


The view:

We took a nice swim in their awesome negative edge pool (http://www.sanctuaryoncamelback.com/ has pictures) and ordered take-out, rented a movie, and bought some ice cream. We figured we had the room til noon on Friday. . .why leave? So we had a fun, relaxing night in and a great breakfast Friday morning!
The Lord has truly blessed me with the best husband a woman could ask for. He is such a Godly man and he treats me so well! He is my best friend and I look forward to continuing our adventure together! Here's to four great years!
p.s.- My family is cool. Check out their blogs for more anniversary fun:

6 comments:

Deb said...

Way to go Adam surprising Michelle and taking care of her in the manner she is accustomed to.

I hope the two of you had a fantastic time.

Tracy Jabbal said...

is mom implying that you're a totally spoiled brat? or what did that mean? haha.

anyway, i looked at the pics of the negative edge pool on their website and im pretty much jealous that you guys got to go there!

love you!

TRIPP! said...

That looks totally awesome! I'm so jealous! And congrats too, btw.

Patricia said...

I think tracy's right- mom might have called you a brat... haha! j/k

maybe tripp will take some notes ;)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast! Husbands are the best! That room was awsome! COngrats! Enjoy your summer.

Anonymous said...

Ok I have to comment again because I love your blog, I read a ton of it the other day and I love the Kenzie conversations you have on there, I was reading it to my mom and she was just cracking up. Hope you are enjoing your summer!