Monday, March 31, 2008

Manic Monday

Not really, no Monday is hardly manic in preschool or with pregnant friends giving birth. . .

Cari, my best friend, had her baby this morning. They welcomed Isaac Leach into the world at 11:05 AM after 17 hours of labor. He is 8 lbs 3 oz. and 21 3/4 inches long. Cari said he has head full of dark hair. I found that odd. I am dying to see pictures. Even more restless to be in Austin with her. I am so excited for the Leach family. I love them dearly!

Preschool was filled with zoo animals and farm animals. We differentiated between the two. Maybe we will throw in the pets category tomorrow! They were full of zest today. They keep me on my toes and full of humor and animation. I feel like I put on a daily show for them!

All that to say the Lord is so good to me. I wish I stopped to realize that everyday. I wish I preached the Gospel to myself everyday. I wish I got out of bed and would praise God for His new mercies every morning. That I would know that the grace I am given today is only because Christ suffered and died on a cross and rose again three days later. I wish I was astounded by the resurrection knowing that Christ walks with me every day. I wish I had the wisdom to acknowledge the daily provisions or daily bread that falls from heaven like manna. I wish I surrendered to His sovereignity over my life and just let Him lead. Somedays are easier to surrender than others. This was one of those days. I just pray I will wake up tomorrow and surrender tomorrow to His will.

1 comment:

Patricia said...

I am with you on the desire to surrender more. I try to converse with God when I'm in the shower each morning, but I'm still not as disciplined as I need to be.