Tuesday, March 04, 2008

The Whirlwind that was the Last Couple of Days

So the last couple of days have been a little crazy. God was and is and will be sovereign over all our days so that is what I have been resting on and trusting in. We believe my dad had a stroke on Sunday night in the middle of his dinner. By the time I got a phone call, he had been rushed to the hospital, received a CAT scan, and been admitted into the ICU. The CAT scan revealed bleeding on the right side of his brain disabling his left side.

Monday morning, we were told the slurring was still there when my dad was speaking but he could move his left limbs with much thought. By lunch he had lost the slurring and was harassing the nurses to bring him lunch. He had additional testing that morning (another CAT scan, MRI and MRA) and we spent the day waiting for those results.

Tuesday morning was even better news. We were still waiting for test results but Dad had improved so much that they were planning on moving him out of ICU into his own room. I called him in his own room at lunch and Dad sounded like Dad. . .belligerent as ever. . .thanking me for not dropping everything and flying to Texas. . .that he was fine. RIIIIGHT!

I praise my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for a community of believers that came together to approach the throne of God in prayer. I believe when the nurses call my dad's pace of recovery "miraculous" that it truly is. Thanks for your prayers. Thanks for boldly asking for God to heal my dad. I pray that the glory may be all His for the entire situation.

2 comments:

grk said...

amen, sister...

xo

Tracy Jabbal said...

what he said... ^^^