Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Funny Valentine

My day started with my husband jumping out of bed (which is unusual) and much to my surprise when I came downstairs there was a vase of red roses and a really sweet card. Adam was making me breakfast and I just got to sit and chat with him which was nice. I could tell that I was rubbing off on him; my preschool ways have taken over! He puts up with me stealing weird things from the pantry or our home to make lessons work, calling the bathroom a "potty," and talking to him like he is 4. Well this morning when he made my toast he used a heart shaped cookie cutter to make my toast extra special. I couldn't help but laugh. My funny Valentine!

School was organized chaos. I actually welcomed it today. It started with Sara coming in with her older kids to have a nice language experience. They gave my kids chocolate (SUGAR in teacher lingo) at 8:30 and the rest of the day kind of escalated in energy from there! I didn't know passing out Valentines would be so dramatic. Lots of little ones not understanding the concept of giving to others or what Valentines was. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard "Birthday party?" yesterday, I would be a rich woman! OH, my funny Valentine!

My day ended with my amazing husband cooking me and excellent dinner! My taste buds were overwhelmed with wonderful manicotti, asparagus and bread! It was delicious. I married an excellent God-fearing man and I would tell you that any day of the year! He's my funny Valentine!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I actually startled my apartment by laughing at "Birthday party?"

Deb said...

Sup? It's Mom! I'm glad your husband is so great!

Bill said...

So your dear old dad gave in.