Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday

It is my favorite day of the week! In the last couple of years it has truly turned into a day of rest for us. We get up and go to church and then we have a nice lunch and a relaxing afternoon. I usually try to steal a nap which I find to be just what I need most Sundays. Sundays really recharge us for the week.

What we learned today:

1. The importance of the sacraments: baptism and the Lord's Supper; how they relate to the sacraments in the Old Testament and how they bond us to the community of believers today. In the service we had a real life example as little Owen was baptized! I pray the children in our church and our own children will have a real relationship with Jesus Christ at a young age.

2. We are looking for love in all the wrong places! Just like the Samaritan woman at the well, we need to replace the idols in our life with Jesus. He does not rebuke her or correct her for her bad choices/sin but gives her a better love to chase after. He offers her eternal life through a relationship with Himself. I pondered today what I need to replace with Jesus. Is it my comforts, my relationship with my husband, or maybe my own pride in asking for help. The first two aren't bad things in and of themselves but when they become more important than my Savior, they have become idols. My pride is just a sin issue that can be solved when I finally know that I offer nothing to God but He is the one that fills my life with grace and mercy.

3. Old school Nintendo still rules and I will forever be the Queen of Dr. Mario!!!!

Hope your Sunday was just as refreshing!

1 comment:

Tracy Jabbal said...

cool: we talked about the Samaritan woman at the well too. i love it when that happens. its like getting a little reminder from Him that what He's trying to tell you ACTUALLY IS IMPORTANT! haha! :O)