Friday, February 29, 2008

OH to be a blunt Deaf child

I have a couple of kids that keep me on my toes. . . here is this mornings conversation:

M: Miss Michelle, you do not look like yourself again. You are not wearing make-up again.

Miss Michelle: You're right. I am not wearing make-up again. I forgot.

M: You forgot? How?

M: I had to hurry to get to school

M: Oh.

ABOUT ONE HOUR LATER out of nowhere

M: Does Adam like it when you don't wear make-up?

Miss Michelle: *Laughing* Actually, Adam does not like make-up.

M: Why?

Miss Michelle: Well, some boys don't like it when girls wear make-up

M: Well, I like make-up.

Miss Michelle: Thanks, good to know.

How can you not wish you were that observant? I love my kiddos! And, just for the record, I only wear mascara on the days that I do wear make-up.

3 comments:

Tracy Jabbal said...

**sigh** i just love kids.

Patricia said...

That's fantastic. I won't get to know that joy- high schoolers have been taught that's tacky or something... Lame.

Emme Jay said...

Hi Michelle. It's me Michelle from the isjohnson blogger. My new Ugandan friend is someone I "met" through a friend's blog. Gregory and Sarah went to church with us back in North Carolina. We really miss them. Are you into missions work and are moving to Uganda? Anyway... I just loved your post about the study that you are doing. My anniversary is Thursday and I am always looking to improve as a wife. I hope that you are doing well!